|This article is a stub. You can help Temtem Wiki by .|
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||As the mantras of the Miyako sages say, reality is but one facet of the Universe.
It is made of tightly wound Spheres, one inside the other, turning and spinning, like uncounted matryoshki of existence, eternally humming to themselves. The only known one is the Middle Sphere, where the Airborne Archipelago is located.
|~ Kickstarter Update #15|
The Archipelago is composed of six main islands, gravitationally locked in slow rotation around the flaming orb called the Pan-Sun. Blessed by its light and warmth, humans and Temtem coexist peacefully in this floating Archipelago. Nobody has ever returned from the depths of Downbelow and nothing is known for sure about the cloudy Highabove – so this is the extent of the known world.
Before the invention of airships, islands were almost completely isolated, and during those centuries very different cultures evolved on each one of the islands. Travel between the islands is now made mainly by airships.
Islands[edit | edit source]
- Deniz is a Mediterranean paradise of glittering seas where Water and Wind Temtem abound. Walk the streets of Turquesa, explore the ruins of an ancient fort or just chill on the shores of Indigo Lake.
- Omninesia (”the Myrisles”), is a cluster of tropical islets connected by rope bridges, home of Nature and Fire Temtem. Enjoy the luxury of Atoll Row and investigate the lava caves of the Anak volcano.
- Arbury’s pride is its University. The fierce dons of Lochburg swear by their Melee Temtem, against the sophisticated Properton academics, who favour Mental Temtem.
- Cipanku dabbles in mysticism and technology. The labs of Nanto produce Digital Temtem, while the monks revere the Electric Temtem in remote hills among rice paddies.
- Tucma, “The End of All Things” – a vast desolation of ashes, noxious lakes and Toxic Temtem. Under the surface, the mining city of Quetzal is home to artisans, rock-hoppers and Crystal Temtem.
- Kisiwa is a sun-drenched savanna. Eastern Kisiwa boasts an unrivalled variety of Neutral Temtem, while the western deserts are home to the best Earth Temtem.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pan-Sun in the center of the Archipelago is partially covered by rocks. These rocks block the sunlight, creating a day and night cycle that differs between each island.
- "Pansunspeed!" is a common expression cross-culturally to tell someone to go quickly.
- "A good egg" is a common expression cross-culturally to discuss someone of high quality.
References[edit | edit source]